|Latest batch of soap drying. Nikon D7000|
I noticed this evening that the rows of bars of soap drying gave some interesting angles to photograph. I stand up the bars in an old egg box.
I did not have my camera to hand last week when I made the batch of soap; a minor lapse of concentration while I was washing up some of the oily jugs meant that the slow cooker with the soap in did its best Vesuvius impression, including pyroclastic flow across the top of the cooker.
After a bit of panic and lots of scraping up, the soap was reinterred into the slow cooker to finish saponifying. There is now a chance that the soap contains exfoliants such as bits of rice, pasta and anything else that had been on the top of the cooker at the time :(