Monday 29 October 2012

Bloodshot Window

Bleary eye.  Fuji F11
26th October 2012

I thought I would try something different for a change.   On flicking back through my pictures of the week, I noticed that the only portrait is of a plaster version of Elvis.

I decided that a self portrait may be the best place to start, but as I look so rough from having a week away organising a conference, I thought I would takes pictures a bit at a time.  They say the eye is the window to the soul, even if it is a bit bloodshot.

It is quite tricky to compose an image of your own eye; I used a compact camera with the LCD reflected in a mirror to make sure the camera was focussed, however you have to look back into the lens just as you release the shutter.  If you keep looking in the mirror, the image is not so good!  

I accidentally cropped the image with the eye pupil just off centre 'the wrong way'.  I quite liked the effect as it is not quite the normal way we would expect to see an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment