Saturday 14 July 2012

Single Object Study: An Orange

Orange.  Nikon D7000
14th July 2012

I thought I would do a series of studies of single items on a plain background.  Although there are bits of peel as well as the orange, they all started out as one!

I peeled a section as I wanted to try to capture not only the light on the orange itself, but also the light passing through the segments.

It took a while before I managed to get it right; I used a single flash gun and careful use of reflectors (both white and black) to have some control over where the shadows and highlights were so that the light coming through the orange can be seen.

I may come back to this one and try again in a few months, but until then, here is the set-up of the lighting, including the important bit of black card!

The orange is no more however, but tasted great :)
Single light setup for photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment