Sunday 15 April 2012

Sun Day

Veins on Clematis Leaf.  Nikon D7000
15th April 2012

Today has been a day of gardening for me.  The sun has been out almost all day and although not the warmest of days, it has been rather pleasant.

The pond is now almost complete; I have installed a water butt as a header tank and 'adjusted' the back of the pond so that the water stays in (the bog-garden was liquid).  Some of the children went hunting in a local pool and collected some trainee Princes (tadpoles).

A pond with only a minimal amount of plant and animal life is pretty un-photogenic unfortunately, but hopefully will be the source of many a daily photograph later in the year.

Water Hyacinth.  4"x5" camera, 130mm Kodak
lens (1921 ish), Ilford VC paper negative
I did try to capture an image of the Water Hyacinth with the 5"x4" view camera, but at a 1 second exposure, the wind was moving it around and played havoc with the focus (plus I forgot the yellow filter and overexposed the image). My biggest worry was knocking the camera into the pond while I had my head under the dark-cloth.

While we are waiting for the pond to mature, here is another picture of the Clematis which is very much alive :)



No comments:

Post a Comment