Wednesday 25 April 2012

Tiggywinkle

Hedgehog.  Nikon D7000
24th April 2012

With all the wet weather recently I have been a bit worried as to whether the Hostas would get eaten by the slugs and snails.

In the middle of the lawn tonight however was a decent sized Hedgehog, hopefully here to defend our Hostas!

The dog did not seem the least bothered by it which makes me wonder if it has been hibernating all winter in the garden and she has got used to its scent and therefore regards it in a similar manner to the chickens.   The last confirmed sighting of a Hedgehog in the garden was on November 5th (bonfire night);  I had a radar-triggered camera set up to photograph rats and had pictures of a hedgehog too.  All hedgehogs look the same to me so I have no idea if it is the same one.

No comments:

Post a Comment